UI Development Intern
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future. We exist to help our clients succeed. We work tirelessly to optimize your performance while our SSP enables you to make smart, strategic decisions.
Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale.
Processing over one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory.
Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is hiring an hourly UI Development Intern for a 40-hour work week with an immediate start in Redwood City.
- Design and implement the UI solutions for PubMatic Application/Modules in PubMatic's technical infrastructure
- Interact with Product, UX, QA, Account management and Backend platform teams in US and Pune, India for new features, enhancements and fixes
- Develop code that is modular, scalable, high performance and to high-quality standards
- Create new or fix existing UI common components in the PubMatic UI component library
- Design and review the UI work of team members to ensure coding guidelines are followed
- Interact with cross functional teams like Java and QA to resolve the dependencies of UI and ensure timely delivery of the features
- Improve current UI technical stack used in different PubMatic Modules
- Automate production, development, QA build and deployment processes of the UI modules
This is an immediate-fill role and requires 40-hours of work per week right from the get go!
- 1+ years of UI development experience
- 1+ years of Agile and Scrum methodologies including sprint planning, daily standups, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, estimation and prioritization techniques
- Bachelors or MS in Computer Science / Engineering
- Experience in working and coordinating with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of REST API patterns and design concerns
- Knowledge of the performance and scalability considerations for web applications
- Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations
- A passion for developing and maintaining a high-quality code and test base, and enabling contributions from engineers across the team
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work collaboratively
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience working in startups
- Prior experience with managing technical escalations from customers
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.