Team Lead - Network Operations Center
- Baner, Pune, Maharashtra
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future. Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing over 2 trillion+ ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) team lead will be responsible for first and second level support for a wide variety of systems and processes supporting our platform. This individual will perform routine tasks to maintain system, application and network services. In this role the individual is required to work shifts (rotating shifts). Supporting, troubleshooting of internal and external systems relying on pre-established guidelines is required in this role.
- Manages the team by effectively communicating job expectations and goals and driving accountability; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, developing personal growth opportunities.
- Proactively ensures the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Provides support for operations to resolve critical issues quickly.
- This may include occasional off-hours and weekend work and periodic on-call support.
- Be a main point of contact for communication ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of NOC services status and issues, coordinate activities, P1 and P2 incidence on time and as per defined SLA.
- The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing integrated communications.
- Defines KPI and metrics for business processes and methods for measuring and monitoring.
- Collate feedback on process performance.
- Measure and monitor the effectiveness of processes to ensure consistent value delivery.
- Works with operations and engineering teams to perform incident root cause analysis.
- Assist in developing, and documenting actions to assure problem resolution or to implement corrective/preventive action and document resolution;
- Monitors and tests application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Translates business requirements into system specifications and functional designs by producing documents on how to implement changes to the system.
- Oversees the execution of testing strategies applicable to the systems of interest.
- Oversees and recommends systems enhancements to the business issues and process challenges for the organization.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of support and monitoring
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- Manages direct supervisors, coordinates activities of NOC with direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- In some instances this lead member of the team will be responsible for a functional area and may not have any direct reports
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of a situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems.
- Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequently interacts with direct reports, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
Education & Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field preferred.
- Proven ability to script, manage, and automate NOC processes.
- At least 10+ years of work experience.
- RHCSA, RHCE, CCNA and ITIL certifications recommended.
- Exceptional knowledge of computer hardware, including Super micro and Dell servers.
- Knowledge for Monitoring tools like Nagios, Observium etc.
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.