Senior Data Analyst
- 229 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future. Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing over one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Analyst to work on our business application products (Audiences, Video and Mobile) with a passion for internet technology to help drive informed business and product decisions for PubMatic. The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, experience working with large data sets, and data-driven decision making. You are focused on results, a self-starter, scrappy and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
- Conduct data analysis to make product recommendations, track product KPIs and design experiments
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of findings to multiple levels of stakeholders, creating visual displays of quantitative information
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations
- BA/BS or Master's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences)
- 3+ years of experience working with statistical packages (e.g. R, SAS, Stata, MATLAB, etc.)
- Experience with articulating product questions, pulling data from datasets (SQL) and using statistics to arrive at an answer
- Experience in scripting with SQL, extracting large sets of data, and design of ETL flows
- Work experience in an inter-disciplinary/cross-functional field
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends and applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program evaluation
- Distinctive problem solving skills and impeccable business judgment
- Capable of translating analysis results into business recommendations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.