Director, Technical Support
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is a registered trademark of PubMatic, Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PubMatic is immediately hiring a "Director, Technical Support" to lead our global technical engineering support teams. We are looking for an experienced leader who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty, and at the same time can pull up and communicate a broader vision.
In this role, you will define the support framework required to meet the demands of our global customer base. To do so, you can clearly articulate how we need to adjust across process, product and people to build a top-tier technical support team. You have a proven track record of partnering with fellow leaders across Engineering, Product and Customer Success to identify and close gaps in how our teams collaborate. Lastly, you can make good on service expectations by effectively managing the teams to these new targets.
- Lead the Technical Support Team, who are the second line of defense for client issues. They solve the most challenging technical problems facing our clients, and either resolve themselves or partner with engineering to find a solution.
- Build executable playbooks for customer support activities, including issue resolution, cross-departmental workflows, and escalation management
- Drive regular reviews to assess and ensure positive customer sentiment and spot new opportunities or issues
- Track team achievement, identify root causes of gaps and solve for those gaps in a scalable way
- Identify and implement opportunities for product or engineering automation to maximize operational efficiency
- Partner with Engineering leadership to build scalable team training programs
- Partner with Customer Success leadership to identify and train on skill sets that can be scaled to customer teams
- Focal point, as needed, for customer escalations (technical expert representing the team on high-priority issues)
- Train and mentor team members on approaches and practices for root cause analysis, issue resolution, and customer communications
- Orient the team towards proactive opportunity identification and customer-first resolution
- Build a positive team culture in which people are valued, supported and challenged
- Part of the Customer Success management team that owns the results against key organizational metrics (e.g. Revenue, NPS)
- 3+ years of technical escalations management experience supporting a high availability SaaS product in a fast paced environment
- 3+ years people management experience, ideally with an offshore team, with a proven track record in mentoring, motivating, and growing team
- Ability to build executable and scalable playbooks on proactive approaches and practices for root cause analysis, issue resolution, customer communication with a customer-first resolution mindset
- Experience defining the support framework required to meet the demands of a global customer base
- Ability to clearly articulate how to adjust across process, product and people to build a top-tier technical support team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both with technical communication with offshore teams and with customers / customer-facing teams
- Proven track record of partnering with fellow leaders across Engineering, Product and Customer Success to identify and close gaps in how various teams collaborate
- Experience using JIRA
- Working experience in basics of SQL
- Working experience in basics of shell scripting
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced company
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work collaboratively
- Bachelors or MS in Computer Science / Engineering
Nice to Have
- Prior experience supporting a Platform as a Service (PAAS) or Advertising Technology
- Experience using Salesforce
- Demonstrated prior success within a start-up environment
- Good understanding of Ad Serving basic flow
- Working experience with Ubuntu/Linux OS
- Experience with Data Center management
- Working experience of basics of Python
- Know-how of Big Data
- Know-how of Dataflow of Analytics
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.