Senior Network Engineer (Juniper)
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is a registered trademark of PubMatic, Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Manage IP connectivity and latency for all data center networks.
- Configure BGP transit and private peering.
- Configure and manage OSPF routing.
- Manage and implement data connectivity circuits.
- Monitor bandwidth and network alerts.
- Scale network bandwidth as needed.
- Manage service requests and support tickets within SLA.
- Proactively plan for scale and infrastructure growth.
- Implement future PubMatic service data centers (domestic or International).
- Possibility of travel to data centers (15-20% per year).
- Perform physical work on site for racking network equipment and cabling as required.
- Plan and execute network upgrades and migration activities.
- Manage all aspects of network security (load balancers, firewalls. router ACLs).
- Manage Remote Access for PubMatic users and clients.
- Perform network hardware/software maintenance.
- Research new tools and network technologies.
- Communicate and document infrastructure changes and enhancements.
- 5 yrs with routing protocols - BGP, OSPF, VRRP and traffic engineering.
- 5 yrs exp. with Juniper Enterprise or Service Provider Routers and TOR EX and QFX switches.
- 5 yrs with 10G, 40G, LACP, MPLS, SFP(+), single mode/multi-mode fiber.
- 5 yrs with network-based ACL’s, policy-based routing, VPN and firewall management.
- 5 yrs exp. with NAT, VLANs, VLAN tagging, MAC address tables, and switching.
- 1-3+ yrs exp. with Fortinet and ASA firewalls.
- 1-3+ yrs hands-on experience on network gears(switches; routers; firewalls; load balancer) including cabling and other physical activities.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication.
- Good working knowledge of network sniffing tools (tcpdump, Wireshark).
- Works well with a diverse team.
- Has experience working in an environment that has a global data center footprint.
- Has good skills and feels comfortable with designing network for large data center environments.
- Feels comfortable in racking, stacking and cabling of network equipment as needed.
- Needs to be a go-getter with a can-do attitude.
- JNCIE/CCIE or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of network security including IDS, DDoS, and other distributed attack.
- Operational experience with flow-based technologies.
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.