Brand Safety Analyst
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
We are immediately hiring a Digital Advertising Brand Safety Analyst to join our growing Inventory Ad Quality team in Redwood City or New York City
The Brand Safety Analyst (BSA) will be the primary owner of all reporting, analysis and policy enforcement supporting PubMatic’s efforts to ensure the highest quality of its advertising supply sources.
The BSA will pull data from various internal and external sources, using excel pivot tables extensively to aggregate then filter data based on policy rules resulting in reporting used to inform the business and client service teams as to the quality of the inventory being sold to buyers.
BSA will execute deep data driven investigations, informed by experience and guided by intuition, into pockets of questionable supply, using a variety of tools and data sets. BSA will share the results of these investigations and other policy enforcement decisions to client teams as well as regional and executive leadership.
BSA will utilize knowledge of the programmatic ad tech space to communicate quality related policy decisions with clients, account teams, and management.
BSA will work across several functional areas, collaborating with product, legal, client account teams (both demand and supply), sales and marketing to provide tactical support to push forward strategic quality goals and initiatives.
BSA will have an opportunity to grow along either a business/sales or a technical track.
- Execute and improve quality reporting to global account teams.
- Work closely with account teams to educate and inform on quality topics, both via email and phone communication
- Keeping multiple support systems updated (e.g. Salesforce, JIRA, etc.)
- Actively respond to escalations for both Publisher and Demand clients relating to brand safety and quality issues
- Use complex datasets to track quality performance trends, identify anomalies and their root causes
- Help evolve PubMatic’s quality operations processes to be as efficient and as effective as possible.
- Provide reporting insights to account teams and clients on marketplace quality issues, including internal data as well as 3rd party data.
- Resolve escalations pertaining to quality policy (via investigation and research)
- Contribute, design and rollout new quality operations and policy initiatives
- Contribute to the development of
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Operationally minded with a startup mindset
- Proven success in fast-paced, structured environments
- Experience working with clients
- Experienced with Excel, including advanced formulas and pivot tables
- Can quickly master nuances of a complex industry with many moving pieces and constant change
- An engaged team player with strong interpersonal skills who knows how to have fun while achieving results
- Great communication skills
- Provide exception support to account teams and other stakeholders
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skill
- Experience in the ad tech programmatic industry
- Specific work experience in the brand safety (e.g. ad fraud, viewability, supply quality) field.
- Extremely proactive and biased towards taking action
- Creative, independent problem solver, with proven ability to reason through ambiguous problems
- Strong process management and analytical skills, making it easy to juggle multiple client needs and projects
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.