Senior Software Engineer
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is a registered trademark of PubMatic, Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
We are immediately hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our Big Data Engineering team.
PubMatic's Big Data Engineering group is responsible for building a scalable, fault-tolerant, and highly available platform for the petabytes of data in PubMatic Analytics. Our platform is built to ingest & process data, providing real-time, 'slice & dice' analytics for both internal & external customers.
This hire will be responsible for building industry-leading solutions, optimizing the platform, and challenging our assumptions - delivering solutions for critical problems.
Here is some tech this role will be working on -- Java, Microservices, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS, 1000+ nodes, Kinetica, Vertica and the scale is phenomenal -- we consume about 50TB of data per day. This is an awesome role for a server side software engineer looking to get into big data engineering or a Hadoop engineer to take on a larger role.
- Work in a cross-functional environment to architect, design and develop new functions in our product line
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house, as well as customer environments
- Mentor team members
- Improve codebase, bring in latest technologies and re-architect modules to increase the throughput and performance
- 5+ years of development experience in Java
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design
- Prior experience with data processing pipelines
- R&D contributions and production deployments of large backend systems
- Advanced practitioner of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations
- Passion for developing and maintaining a high-quality code and test base - enabling contributions from engineers across the team
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a very innovative and fast paced environment
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communications
Nice to Have:
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.