Senior Data Analyst
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Analyst to work on our Real Time Bidding platform products with a passion for internet technology to help drive informed business and product decisions for PubMatic as well as rollout product features in phased manner while conducting A/B tests. The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, experience working with large data sets, and data-driven decision making. You are focused on results, a self-starter, scrappy and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
- Conduct data analysis to make product recommendations, track product KPIs and design experiments
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of findings to multiple levels of stakeholders, creating visual displays of quantitative information
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their business needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations
- BA/BS or Master's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g. Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences)
- Experience with articulating product questions, pulling data from large datasets using SQL or Hive and using statistics to arrive at an answer
- Advanced Excel skills (use of Pivots, Vlookup, creating graphs, calculations using in-built functions, macros etc)
- Very comfortable with SQL to pull data from various data sources to answer business / product questions
Plus (but not mandatory):
- Experience working with statistical packages (e.g. R, SAS, Stata, MATLAB, etc.)
- Work experience in an inter-disciplinary/cross-functional field
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends and applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program evaluation
- Distinctive problem solving skills
- Capable of translating analysis results into business recommendations
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.