Account Director, Audience and Data Sales
- W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
The Account Director, Audience and Data Sales is a highly visible and strategically important role at PubMatic, reporting into the Customer Success team. We are looking for an individual whose data and audience targeting experience has given her or him a keen understanding of how to leverage first party data assets, especially publisher first-party data, for commercialization in a real-time bidding environment. PubMatic is changing the conversation around how buyers access supply and how publishers maximize yield. Working out of our New York City office, the Account Director, Audience and Data Sales will be tasked with engaging senior executives at major publishers, data companies, advertisers and agencies, enhancing their current data and audience monetization strategies, and selling in a new audience and data product to our current partners. Successfully doing so requires a strategic, collaborative thinker who can own the sales process and act as a subject-matter expert as needed to our Customer Success and Ad Solutions teams.
The ideal candidate has experience at a digital publisher and deep understanding of the value of their first party data asset in the media ecosystem. He or she enjoys networking at industry functions, staying current on the latest trends, and proactively seeking out knowledge specific to the inner-workings of PubMatic’s technology. The role requires an ability to think creatively and collaborate with others in executing long-term, complex deals. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility and accomplishments in audience and data sales, and will have strong knowledge of all facets of segmentation strategies and operational requirements for real time media monetization, including tactics such as Audience Extension. The candidate will sell the use of PubMatic Audience and Data solutions to customers who then enable media campaigns on our platform on behalf of their advertiser customers. This can include targeting “on-site” on owned properties and off-site on other properties.
- Define and execute PubMatic’s audience and data sales strategy with publishers, data companies, advertisers and agencies
- Be responsible to deliver a quarterly revenue goal, including both growing existing clients and signing new partner business
- Team player that will coordinate sales efforts against existing clients with publisher and advertiser customer success managers
- Collaborate with a Customer Success manager to ensure customer satisfaction and revenue delivery for all customers
- Develop insights and best practices that can be used to inform product development and create efficiencies for PubMatic and customers
- Travel as necessary in support of business objectives (prospect/client meetings, conferences, internal meetings). This role is based in New York City but will support sales efforts primarily in the US, and globally as needed.
- 8+ years of related experience in sales, business development, and/or product within a digital publisher or data company, ideally working with Audience and/or Data targeting solutions
- Past experience guiding deals that may involve collaboration between multiple internal and external stakeholders, including global components
- Solution oriented: able to shape the roadmap of features requested by clients and lead discussion in relationship with our Product Management and development teams
- Understand the dynamics of the sell-side and buy-side, most notably operations of supply side platforms and ad serving tech
- Superb communicator and service-oriented leader
- Ability to present effectively to C-level executives and confidently navigate challenges
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.