Senior Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer (Remote /Toronto (Canada) / Redwood City,CA)
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic has offices in San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City) and New York in the US. The candidate can work from any of these offices, or work remotely from home from anywhere in the US or Canada; or work from a local WeWork office if preferred.
We are looking for a strong Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer - a proven 'doer' to develop, implement and extend data-intensive machine learning software for real-time auctioning, ad inventory estimation, and audience segmentations.
You will design and implement core components of our algorithms, as well as model and monetize the large amounts of data that PubMatic generates daily.
Working with our Data Science and AdServing teams, you will apply Machine Learning to help get things done.
- Development and implementation of data-intensive machine learning software for real-time auctioning, ad inventory estimation, audience segmentations, and other AdTech applications
- Working with data scientists, product managers, and software engineers to develop and support the software for new Machine Learning products
- Ensuring excellence in delivery to internal and external customers
- 10+ years hands-on industry work experience designing and building large-scale data, machine learning, and analytics applications and pipelines that are well-designed, cleanly coded, well-documented, operationally stable, and timely delivered
- 10+ years total Machine Learning experience, including years of academic research
- Experience with R, Python data analysis libraries (pandas, sklearn, numpy, scipy, and matplotlib), and Spark MLlib
- Proficiency with Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Hive, and SQL
- Solid software engineering skills, with proficiency in Python and experience with Scala, Java, C/C++
- MS / PhD in Computer Science or related field
Nice to Have:
- Prior work experience with programmatic advertising/RTB
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.