Country Manager UK
- 82 Dean St, Soho, London W1D 3SP, UK
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
The Country Manager, UK is a key member of PubMatic’s Go-To-Market Team, responsible for managing the strategy, sales and operations of PubMatic in the UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team; iterating and executing the market strategy, managing Sales and Account Management to deliver against key revenue objectives. This is a rare opportunity to join a global, and be an instrumental contributor to its continued growth.
It is imperative that candidates for this position have demonstrable experience of building a digital business, combined with strong Agency/Demand relationships, Publisher knowledge and cross-industry partner contacts at senior levels. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Sales Management, a demonstrated track record of progressive responsibility and success in building and managing businesses in the UK and the ability to combine strategic thinking with tactical execution.
They will have a mature and well-informed view of the dynamics of cross-platform digital advertising and the evolution of programmatic buying. They will have a sophisticated point of view on yield strategies for publishers, the evolution of buyer requirements and the opportunity that the maturity of programmatic buying across emerging platforms presents as well as an understanding of the operational requirements for real-time media monetization. Most importantly, the candidate will be a strong leader with the ability to grow and build teams and a robust track record of developing and signing deals with both publishers and media buyers.
- Manage a team of staff comprising Publisher Sales, Demand Sales and Publisher Account Management.
- Define and execute a demand strategy that secures an increased share of voice of agency spend across PubMatic UK’s publisher portfolio.
- Work with the EMEA Leadership Team to deliver revenue and longer term strategic goals.
- Work within a Regional and Global organisation structure, deploying central and local resources from Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Product and Engineering to achieve business objectives
- Ensure best in class customer service and account management. Identify process and operational efficiencies specific to the UK to drive increased customer satisfaction and growth.
- Establish relationships with local, regional and global demand partners (Ad Networks, Exchanges, DSPs and Agency Trading Desks) to support a healthy and growing PubMatic ecosystem in the UK.
- Partner with Global and Regional Marketing teams to define and support the execution of a relevant and targeted marketing strategy, aligned with market strategy and revenue objectives.
- Establish PubMatic as a thought leader in the online advertising industry through press interviews and engagements.
- Identify, prioritise and feedback product requirements to relevant teams. Provide a balanced and accurate assessment of what is required from the Product team in order to be successful in the UK
- Be an active participant in the Go-To-Market Team, ensuring the UK are both contributing to and benefitting from the growth of PubMatic’s global business
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Sales and/or Sales Management, working in the UK, with a track record of proven success in scaling businesses.
- Demonstrated success in delivering robust business growth and market presence, especially in new or emerging technologies that require broad market education and consultative sales.
- Analytical and strategic thinker, creative problem solver, resourceful, able to initiate change and motivate innovation and creativity, employing strong time management abilities and project management skills.
- A passion for high-growth companies and a clear understanding of how to operate in such organizations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to present effectively across multiple levels in an organization including C-level audiences, product and technical teams as well as Sales and Media buying teams.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to inform business decisions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.