Director, Publisher Development - Mobile App
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future.
Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale.
Processing over one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory.
Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
We are immediately hiring a Director of Publisher Development - Mobile App to join our growing team in Redwood City.
This key contributor is responsible for driving revenue growth via new in-app publisher acquisition, client retention and upselling to current publishers.
As a senior member of PubMatic’s Publisher Development team, you will be responsible for establishing, long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with digital media companies and other comScore top 500 publishers. You will be a key member of PubMatic’s sales team involved in prospecting, selling, and closing long-term mobile relationships.
The best candidates will have strong mobile app publisher relationships, as well as a clear understanding of the perspectives of buyers in the marketplace. They will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility and accomplishments in digital media and/or technology sales and will have strong knowledge of all facets of inventory yield strategies, and operational requirements for real time in-app monetization.
You will be familiar with SDK sales and excel in selling complex or technical products.
- Work with the Sales leadership team to define, achieve and exceed revenue and business goals
- Developing a mobile in-app publisher sales strategy that drives accelerated business growth
- Work closely with the Marketing organization to shape go-to-market narrative, and be expert at articulating the story internally and externally
- Continuously prospecting for new business using your existing network of relationships and creating new relationships
- Evangelize and Presenting PubMatic solutions for maximum immediate revenue recognition
- Lead sales efforts through all aspects of the sales cycle including relationship initiation, negotiation, and closing
- Participating in industry events and assist in developing PubMatic’s market presence
- Reaching or exceeding quarterly revenue goal
- Previous sales or business development experience in a mobile app focused business with experience working with in-app publishers and developers
- Strong knowledge & familiarity with Internet advertising models, ad optimization, audience trends and technologies
- Strong set of existing relationships with mobile media companies at the VP sales level, VP/Director, Ad Ops and comfortable with running c-level conversations
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Self-starting with an ability to learn, take charge and deliver results with minimal supervision
- High energy and passionate about working in a fast-paced start up environment
- BA/BS degree required, MBA/JD a plus
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.