Revenue Accounting Manager
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future.
Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale.
Processing over one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory.
Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
We are immediately hiring a strong Revenue Accounting Manager to join our growing team in Redwood City.
Reporting to the VP of Revenue Accounting and Finance Automation, this key contributor has broad responsibilities including revenue accounting, accounts receivable and publisher payments.
The Revenue Manager will work with other functional areas (e.g. Ad Solutions, Publisher Development, Customer Success, FP&A, Engineering and Legal) to review new and existing contracts, resolve discrepancies and implement process improvements.
The Revenue Manager is also an integral part of our monthly close and account reconciliation process.
- Represent the finance team in providing input (redlines) on contract negotiations with customers and publishers
- Review existing contracts and amendments to resolve issues (including discrepancies, makegoods and payment delays) with customers and publishers
- Work with cross functional teams on issues surrounding discrepancies, invalid traffic and margin reviews
- Oversee the Senior Analyst for Credit & Collections to assist with cash collection, forecasting and credit checking
- Oversee the Financial Analyst to assist in accurate publisher payments as well as address frequent publisher questions
- Perform/review month-end activities including journal entries/account reconciliations (including bad debt, credits, chargebacks, negative AR and negative AP), uploads (including billing and publisher costs) and variance analysis (at account level and individual customer/publisher)
- Perform various ad hoc activities as required for finance and other internal/external stakeholders
- Create forecast of expected quarterly/annual revenue adjustments to be reflected in daily flash reports
- Assist with preparation of audit deliverables and inquiries
- Continually identify and implement process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of related experience in a corporate environment
- Prior supervisory experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and vlookup
- Strong organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Prior experience with Salesforce & NetSuite systems
- Prior experience with digital advertising or ad tech
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.