Legal Affairs Manager (Immigration)
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is looking for a self-starting paralegal to join our growing legal team. In this role, you will serve as the primary point of contact for all immigration related issues and work closely with our employees, human resources, talent acquisition, and legal teams.
The ideal candidate will also support other legal operations as needed in the areas of commercial contracts, corporate governance, compliance, litigation, legal systems and reporting, and other tasks assigned by the Company’s General Counsel based on his/her experience and desire to learn other areas of legal affairs and operations.
- Provide substantive support to PubMatic legal team in a variety of matters, including commercial contract negotiations, corporate governance, and litigation
- Prepare US immigrant and non-immigrant filings for submission to various government entities, including the US Department of Labor, US Department of State, and the US Department of Homeland Security (USCIS, CBP, etc.)
- Gather, review, analyze, and prepare eligibility/employment-based sponsorship documents, as well as communicate recommended potential immigration options
- Work with, and manage, outside counsel on immigration filings
- Establish internal processes and best practices regarding sponsorship policies and immigration processing
- Implement, coordinate and assist with other legal department projects including maintaining and publishing templates, developing compliance materials, creating presentations and conducting training
- Support commercial contract workflows and processes in accordance with the company policies and systems
- Assist with and coordinate document searches and productions for legal matters
- Bachelor’s degree and ABA paralegal certificate preferred
- 5+ years of work experience preparing employment-based US immigrant and non-immigrant filings, including H-1Bs, L-1A/Bs, E-3s, TNs, J-1’s, O-1’s, PERM applications, EB1/2/3 I-140 petitions, and I-485 Adjustment of Status
- Experience within a large volume law-firm immigration practice group required, and in-house corporate legal department preferred
- Proven record of juggling multiple projects at once and delivering on time in a fast-paced environment with significant room for innovation and decision-making
- Experience with implementing and using INSZoom or other immigration tracker software
- Great judgment and the ability to work flexibly with a variety of teams
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and drafting skills
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.