Director, Publisher Development, Video
- W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
The Director of Publisher Development, Video is responsible for driving revenue growth via new Video publisher acquisition, client retention and upselling to current publishers.
As a senior member of PubMatic’s Publisher Development team, you will be responsible for establishing long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with digital media companies, broadcasters and other comScore top 500 publishers. You will be a key member of PubMatic’s sales team involved in prospecting, selling, and closing long-term video advertising relationships.
The successful candidate will have strong video publisher relationships, including traditional broadcasters migrating to digital as well as digital pure-play content providers, and a clear understanding of the perspectives of buyers in the marketplace. They will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility and accomplishments in digital media and/or technology sales and will have strong knowledge of all facets of inventory yield strategies and operational requirements for real time video monetization. They will have a knowledge and understanding about the full marketplace in terms of the new world of TV & Video.
You will be familiar with video and TV sales and excel in selling complex or technical products.
- Work with the Sales leadership team to define, achieve and exceed revenue and business goals
- Developing a video publisher sales strategy that drives accelerated business growth
- Work closely with the Marketing organization to shape go-to-market narrative, and be expert at articulating the story internally and externally
- Reaching or exceeding quarterly revenue goals
- Continuously prospecting for new business using your existing network of relationships and creating new relationships
- Evangelize and present PubMatic solutions for maximum immediate revenue recognition
- Lead sales efforts through all aspects of the sales cycle including relationship initiation, negotiation, and closing
- Participating in industry events and assist in developing PubMatic’s market presence
- Previous sales or business development experience in a video focused business with experience working with video publishers and In-App video developers
- Strong knowledge & familiarity with Internet advertising models, ad optimization, audience trends and technologies
- Strong set of existing relationships with video and mobile video companies at the VP Sales level, VP/Director, Ad Ops and comfortable with running c-level conversations
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- A self-starter with an ability to learn, take charge and deliver results with minimal supervision
- High energy and passionate about working in a fast paced start up environment
- BA/BS degree required, MBA a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.