Java Engineering Intern / Software Engineering Intern (Fall 2019 Start)
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA, United States
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is a registered trademark of PubMatic, Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
We are immediately hiring a Java Engineering Intern / Software Engineering Intern (Fall 2019 start) to join our Big Data Engineering team.
PubMatic's Big Data Engineering group is responsible for building a scalable, fault-tolerant, and highly available platform for the petabytes of data in PubMatic Analytics. Our platform is built to ingest & process data, providing real-time, 'slice & dice' analytics for both internal & external customers.
The successful hire will have an opportunity to work in a production environment with the following technologies -- Java, Microservices, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS, 1000+ nodes, Kinetica, Vertica and the scale is phenomenal -- we consume about 50TB of data per day. This is an awesome role for a server side software engineer looking to get into big data engineering or a Hadoop engineer to take on a larger role.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design and implement the software solutions for PubMatic Application/Modules in PubMatic's technical infrastructure
- Interact with Product, UI, QA, Account management and platform teams in US and Pune, India for new features, enhancements and fixes
- Develop code that is modular, scalable, high performance and to high-quality standards
- Create new or fix existing common components in the PubMatic platform
- Design and review the work of team members to ensure coding guidelines are followed
- Interact with cross functional teams to resolve the dependencies and ensure timely delivery of the features
- Improve current technical stack used in different PubMatic Modules
- Automate development, QA build and deployment processes
- Very strong computer science fundamentals - data structures, algorithms, etc.
- 1+ years of Java development experience
- 1+ years of design patterns, debugging techniques, build processes, test frameworks and CI tools
- 1+ years of Agile and Scrum methodologies including sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, estimation and prioritization techniques
- Interest in learning Big Data technologies
- Bachelors or MS in Computer Science / Engineering
- Experience in working and coordinating with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of the application performance and scalability considerations
- Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations
- A passion for developing and maintaining a high-quality code and test base, and enabling contributions from engineers across the team
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work collaboratively
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.