- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
The PubMatic Network team is responsible for monitoring, managing, operating and implementing our Data Center network infrastructure. Our Network is impressive! We handle over 100 billion impressions a day and store over 30 petabytes of data. Our hardware comprises the lastest Juniper, F5 and fortinet equipment and are building an ISP grade network infrastructure that includes multiple ISP provides and network peering exchanges globally.
This position will be based in our Redwood City head office but be exptected to spend a great deal of time between our San Jose and SF Data Centers (plus others to be added) as well travel oversees to our 6 global DC's.
Note: Juniper skills required.
- Manage IP connectivity and latency for all data center networks.
- Configure BGP transit and private peering.
- Configure and manage OSPF routing.
- Manage and implement data connectivity circuits.
- Monitor bandwidth and network alerts.
- Scale network bandwidth as needed.
- Manage service requests and support tickets within SLA.
- Proactively plan for scale and infrastructure growth.
- Implement future PubMatic service data centers (domestic or International).
- Possibility of travel to data centers (15-20% per year).
- Perform physical work on site for racking network equipment and cabling as required.
- Plan and execute network upgrades and migration activities.
- Manage all aspects of network security (load balancers, firewalls. router ACLs).
- Manage Remote Access for PubMatic users and clients.
- Perform network hardware/software maintenance.
- Research new tools and network technologies.
- Communicate and document infrastructure changes and enhancements.
- Expert level skills in supporting Juniper based setup
- Expert level experience with routing protocols - BGP, OSPF, VRRP and traffic engineering.
- Expert level experiencewith Juniper Enterprise or Service Provider Routers and TOR EX and QFX switches.
- Expert level experience 10G, 40G, LACP, MPLS, SFP(+), single mode/multi-mode fiber.
- Expert level experience with network-based ACL’s, policy-based routing, VPN and firewall management.
- Expert level experiencewith NAT, VLANs, VLAN tagging, MAC address tables, and switching.
- Expert level experiencewith Fortinet and ASA firewalls.
- Recent hand-on experience on network gears(switches; routers; firewalls; load balancer) including cabling and other physical activities.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication.
- Good working knowledge of network sniffing tools (tcpdump, Wireshark).
- Works well with a diverse team.
- Has experience working in an environment that has a global data center footprint.
- Has good skills and feels comfortable with designing network for large data center environments.
- Feels comfortable in racking, stacking and cabling of network equipment as needed.
- Needs to be a go-getter with a can-do attitude.
- JNCIE or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of network security including IDS, DDoS, and other distributed attack.
- Operational experience with flow-based technologies.
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.