Data Center Technician
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-centric approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
Data Center (Datacenter) Technician -Network Engineering
PubMatic is the technology platform that powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands.
Over 30 terabytes of data and over 80 billion advertising impressions pass through our network each day. Our data centers need a Network Engineer to manage and support them. The Network Engineer will be responsible for network implementations, monitoring, maintenance, and network security across all the PubMatic data centers. This role is based out of Redwood City, CA,USA and the position may require some travel to Data Centers on the US east coast, US west coast.
- Manage and implement data connectivity circuits
- Monitor and scale network bandwidth as needed
- Implement future PubMatic service data centers (domestic or International)
- Plan and execute network upgrades and migration activities
- Manage Remote Access for PubMatic users and clients
- Perform network hardware/software maintenance
- Participate in POCs
- Manage service requests and support tickets
- Possibility of travel to data centers (10-15% per year)
- On-call after hours and emergency support as needed
- Communicate and document infrastructure changes and enhancements
- 2 yrs exp. with Juniper Enterprise platforms
- 2 yrs with network based ACL’s, policy based routing, VPN and firewall management
- 2 yrs exp. with NAT, VLANs, VLAN tagging, MAC address tables, and switching
- 1-3+ yrs exp. with Fortinet and ASA firewalls.
- Racking ,Stacking and cabling Network Equipment
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication
- Good working knowledge of network sniffing tools (tcpdump, Wireshark)
- Works well with a diverse team
- Has good skills and feels comfortable with designing network for large data center environments
- Feels comfortable in racking, stacking and cabling of network equipment as needed
- Needs to be a go-getter with an can-do attitude
- JCNA / CCNA Certification
- Operational experience with flow based technologies
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.