Principal Software Engineer - GoLang
- Baner, Pune, Maharashtra, India
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
Team: Header Bidding and OpenWrap
This team is responsible for developing the cutting edge solutions to handle billion of ad requests on a daily basis. These products open up more demands for publishers by connecting to different ad exchanges. These applications get the bids from multiple exchanges and runs a smart auction to maximize the revenue for the publishers. We have hundreds of servers running across multiple data centers. It is distributed, highly available and low latency environment. This team is at the forefront of the innovation and has impeccable record of winning all the PubMatic hackathons.
We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate, result-oriented mid-level engineers who can take up the challenge of building massively scalable distributed systems. The candidate thrives in fast paced environment, and loves pushing the envelop. The candidate must be able to handle multiple competing priorities in a dynamic environment, and work on different technologies. The candidate must exhibit excellent communication skills and should be able to talk to different stakeholders such as Architect, Product Managers, Scrum Master.
If you enjoy building highly scalable, distributed systems in a fun loving startup culture with enterprise resources, then it’s time to bid goodbye to that boring, stagnant and unchallenging job.
PubMatic is gearing up to bring some innovative solution to market this year which will be a differentiating product offering in the header bidding space. The product will be first-in-market which will define the path for others to follow. You will be working on the core component (server in Go Lang) of the new product and interacting with different stakeholders from different teams.
- Convert the business stories into technical solutions
- Cultivate sustained innovation to deliver exceptional products to customers
- Ensure timely and top quality product delivery
- Ensure that the end product is fully and correctly defined and documented
- Ensure implementation/continuous improvement of formal processes to support product development activities
- Drive the architecture/design decisions needed to achieve cost-effective and high performance results
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features.
- Provide helpful and productive code reviews for peers and junior members of the team.
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments.
- 6+ years of product development experience
- Working experience with building highly scalable, and high performance application using Core Java, C, C++ or Go
- Working experience in a Linux/UNIX environment is good to have. Should be willing to adapt, if not experienced in this environment.
- Experience with relational databases and database concepts, preferably MySQL
- Experience with SQL and Java or Go optimization for real-time systems
- Familiarity with version control systems Git and build tools like Maven
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- BE/BTech/BS/BCS/MCS/MCA in Computers or equivalent
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.