Network Engineer- (On Contract)
- Baner Road, Pune, India
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is the technology platform that powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands.
Over 30 terabytes of data and over 90 billion advertising impressions pass through our network each day. Our data centers need a Network Engineer to manage and support them. The Network Engineer will be responsible for network implementations, monitoring, maintenance, and network security across all the PubMatic data centers. This role is based out of Pune, India.
- Manage IP connectivity and latency for all data center networks
- Configure BGP transit and private peering
- Configure and manage OSPF routing
- Manage and implement data connectivity circuits
- Monitor and scale network bandwidth as needed
- Proactively plan for scale and infrastructure growth
- Plan and execute network upgrades and migration activities
- Manage all aspects of network security (load balancers, firewalls. router ACLs)
- Manage Remote Access for PubMatic users and clients
- Perform network hardware/software maintenance
- Research new tools and network technologies
- Manage service requests and support tickets
- Working on shift as per company policy and team requirment.
- On-call after hours and emergency support as needed
- Communicate and document infrastructure changes and enhancements.
- 3 yrs with routing protocols - BGP, OSPF, VRRP and traffic engineering
- 3 yrs exp. with Juniper Enterprise or Service Provider Routers and TOR EX switches
- 3 yrs with 10G, 40G, LACP, MPLS, SFP(+), single-mode/multi-mode fiber
- 3 yrs with network-based ACL’s, policy-based routing, VPN and firewall management
- 3 yrs exp. with NAT, VLANs, VLAN tagging, MAC address tables, and switching
- 1-3+ yrs exp. with Fortinet and ASA firewalls.
- 1.5+ yrs hands-on experience on network gears (switches; routers; firewalls; load balancer) including cabling and other physical activities.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and verbal/written communication
- Good working knowledge of network sniffing tools (tcpdump, Wireshark)
- Works well with a diverse team
- Has experience working in an environment that has a global data center footprint
- Has good skills and feels comfortable with designing network for large data center environments
- Feels comfortable in racking, stacking and cabling of network equipment as needed
- Needs to be a go-getter with an can-do attitude.
- CCNA/CCNP/JNCIA or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of network security including IDS, DDoS, and other distributed attack
- Operational experience with flow-based technologies