Java Engineer(On Contract)
- 6th Floor, Amar Paradigm, Baner Road, near D-mart, Pune, Maharashtra, India
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
We are looking for a Java Engineer with 1-3 years’ experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
He/she will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development and providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
• Participate in software design meetings and write technical design documents.
• Development of the product / modules independently.
• Responsible for writing unit test, integration test, re-factoring & documentation.
• Understand & maintain existing codebase by regular re-factoring and applying requested fixes and features.
• Experience of working within a fast-paced Agile development process.
• Maintain application stability by monitoring key metrics and improving code base accordingly.
• Should be flexible to learn new technology / require frameworks.
• 1-3 years of hands on experience in software development.
• Should have excellent knowledge of OOPS Concept and experience in Core Java and J2EE (Java, Spring, Hibernate/ MyBatis).
• Good to have experience in REST Web Service development.
• Should have good knowledge of databases, preferably MySQL and nice to have knowledge of nosql Dbs like mongoDB etc.
• Nice to have knowledge and hands on experience of any of scripting languages like Shell Script / PHP / Python.
• Should have good knowledge of Data Structures.
• Should have experience in JUNIT.
• Good knowledge of Unix OS is preferred.
• Working experience of tools/technologies like Kubernetes, Jenkins, Maven, GIT , Docker.
• Good to have knowledge of front-end technologies and frameworks like Angular JS.
• Familiarity with Test Driven Development, re-factoring, code reviews, continuous integration/deliver and Agile development practices.
• Should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Should have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering (CS / IT/ EE / E&TC) or Master’s degree in Computer Science (MCS / MCA) from well- known Institutes / Universities.