VP Advertiser Solutions, APAC
- 5 Shenton Way, Singapore 068808
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-centric approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
The VP, Advertiser Solutions, APAC is a highly visible and strategically important role at PubMatic reporting into the CRO, APAC. We are looking for a commercially astute individual whose digital media experience has given her or him a keen understanding of real-time bidding, a mastery of the full programmatic supply chain, and a strong network of agency relationships.
PubMatic is changing the conversation around how buyers access supply. Working out of our Singapore office, the VP, Advertiser Solutions, APAC will be tasked with engaging senior executives at major agencies, challenging their current assumptions, and selling in new partnership ideas. Successfully doing so requires a strategic, collaborative thinker who can bring in other PubMatic directors, executives, and subject-matter experts as needed. They will bring a discipline of sales operational excellence and have a demonstrated track record of creating and managing a high performance revenue team. In addition, there is responsibility for partnering with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure that corporate strategy cascades down to divisional strategy and field execution.
There is direct management of a Director, Advertiser Solutions APAC and indirect oversight of the entire Advertiser Solutions team across the APAC region.
The ideal candidate has experience at either a DSP or SSP and deep relationships within agency holding companies in APAC. He or she enjoys networking at industry functions, staying current on the latest programmatic trends, and proactively seeking out knowledge specific to the inner-workings of PubMatic’s technology. The role requires an ability to think creatively and collaborate with others in executing long-term, complex deals. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility and accomplishments in digital media and/or technology sales, and will have strong knowledge of all facets of inventory yield strategies and operational requirements for real time media monetization.
- Define and execute the demand strategy across display, mobile, video and native while leading the Advertiser Solutions team to ensure that inventory is monetized at optimal value through open RTB (Real Time Bidding), PMP (Private Marketplace) and PG (Programmatic Guaranteed), and other programmatic sales channels
- Help drive complex demand and SPO partnerships that position PubMatic as a leading supply partner amongst the top 6 global agency groups and DSP’s
- Collaborate closely with product leadership and provide consistent feedback and input on product direction and development to ensure APAC agency and DSP needs are met
- Work closely with the Marketing organization to shape go-to-market narrative, and be expert at articulating the story internally and externally
- Establish PubMatic as a thought leader in the online advertising industry through press interviews, panel participation and speaking engagements
- Be process oriented to monitor, track and analyze team and individual performance for assigned book of business, including demand partner strategies and their buying method goals
This position will require frequent and meaningful interaction peers in other offices and PubMatic senior leadership. To be a leader in this environment will require the ability to quickly connect the dots between all functions and possess a deep understanding of PubMatic’s technology, service offerings, and capabilities.
- 10 years of related experience in sales, business development, and/or product within an advertising technology company
- Past experiences guiding deals that may involve regional or global collaboration between multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Growth mindset: willing to take risks, ask questions, and even appear foolish in order to learn; not focused on status or authority
- Solution leadership: able to shape the roadmap of features requested by clients and lead discussion in relationship with our Product Management and R&D team
- Understand the dynamics of the sell-side, most notably operations of supply side platforms and ad serving tech
- Superb communicator and service-oriented leader
- Ability to present effectively to C-level executives and confidently navigate challenges
- As a PubMatic senior management team leader, they will conduct themselves accordingly and have a strong executive presence internally, and as a representative of PubMatic externally.
In addition, we highly value individuals who are:
Highly motivated to work for a growth business, and aware of the difference relative to working for a large corporate company
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.