- W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-centric approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
As a Business Analyst, your role will be to use your analytical and data extracting skills to drive holistic revenue optimization. This includes extracting data using industry standard tools & platforms, analyzing large data sets to find anomalies and monetization opportunities. You will be part of the Customer Success org and closely work with the Account Mangers and Operations team to achieve customer success.
- Drive holistic revenue optimization and provide thought leadership for our publishers
- Deliver analysis by mining data from our sophisticated and extensive data infrastructure, Hadoop distributed file system, along with industry-standard SQL, Python, and API scripting
- Assist CS team in identifying anomalies across their publishers, set up automated workflows to identify them and coordinate with CS stakeholders to resolve them
- Work closely with Account Managers and Operations team to drive revenue optimization and Customer Success
- Cross-collaborate with key stakeholders in other teams i.e.- Product and Marketplace
- Monitor key KPIs across all US publishers to identify pockets of revenue gain across all the publishers. Present the Customer Success team with optimization opportunities and work with the CS Directors to get them implemented
- Using scripting skills, identify redundancies/manual workflows and work with CS to automate repetitive tasks
- Most importantly, use the learnings from above activities to define/document the revenue optimization playbook and update as needed.
- Programmatic Background
- Experience with SQL, extracting large sets of data. Knowledge of Python/Hadoop is a plus
- Experience with articulating product questions, pulling data from datasets (SQL) and using statistics to infer conclusions
- Capable of translating analysis results into business recommendation
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends and applied knowledge of measurement, statistics
- Distinctive problem-solving skills with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities while working in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of translating analysis results into business recommendations
- BA/BS or Master's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences)
Personal Characteristics and Competencies
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Logical reasoning ability, problem solving and analytical mindset, customer service-oriented attitude
- Strongly believes in a culture of learning and knowledge sharing with the team
- Relentless to solve problems, looks beyond the surface to understand root causes and find long term solutions
- Organized with structured approach to tasks with an eye for detail, believes in solving for redundancies
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.