Senior Engineer - Data Center Operations
- Baner Road, Pune, Maharashtra, India
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
Senior Engineer - Data Center Operations would be responsible for provisioning, installation/ configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. He would be contributing to the technical research and development to drive innovation within the infrastructure team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Build and operate enterprise systems, utilizing best practices for system deployment and design to include but not limited to the following system areas:
- Server hardware and operating systems
- Virtualization - KVM. VMWare
- AWS, Azure, and other virtualization technologies
- Security tools and components
- Network and system automation
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/ operational requirements
- Identification of automation opportunities within Client s network infrastructure
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary Primary Skills:
- Participate in weekly rotating on-call responsibilities, providing 24/7 coverage with rotational shifts.
- Handling Escalations.
- 5-8 years System Administration experience with Linux.
- Working knowledge of apache, nginx, MySQL Replication Management, Administration.
- Shell scripting/ programming experience
- Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Strong background of Linux administration and engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors, partners and across all levels of the organisation.
- Should be analytical in problem solving
- Should be a team player and collaborate effectively with the members Experience range:
- Knowledge of Hadoop environment will be an added advantage.
- Experience with monitoring systems like Nagios, Zabbix, Observium, Cacti, etc.
- Familiarity with large scale infrastructure, distributed systems, and application performance.
- Networking skills required (Load Balancer, Adding server in network)
- Well organised, attentive to details and able to meet demanding deadlines. Research and make recommendations on server system administration
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
- Relevant Certifications preferred - RHCE, ITIL
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.