Senior Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
PubMatic has offices in San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City) and New York in the US. The candidate can work from any of these offices, or work remotely from home anywhere in the US or Canada; or work from a local WeWork office, if preferred.
We are looking for a strong Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer - a proven 'doer' to develop, implement and extend data-intensive machine learning software for real-time auctioning, ad inventory estimation, and audience segmentations.
You will design and implement core components of our algorithms, as well as model and monetize the large amounts of data that PubMatic generates daily.
Working with our Data Science and AdServing teams, you will apply Machine Learning to help get things done.
- Development and implementation of data-intensive machine learning software for real-time auctioning, ad inventory estimation, audience segmentations, and other AdTech applications
- Working with data scientists, product managers, and software engineers to develop and support the software for new Machine Learning products
- Ensuring excellence in delivery to internal and external customers
- 10+ years hands-on industry work experience designing and building large-scale data, machine learning, and analytics applications and pipelines that are well-designed, cleanly coded, well-documented, operationally stable, and timely delivered
- 10+ years total Machine Learning experience, including years of academic research
- Experience with R, Python data analysis libraries (pandas, sklearn, numpy, scipy, and matplotlib), and Spark MLlib
- Proficiency with Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Hive, and SQL
- Solid software engineering skills, with proficiency in Python and experience with Scala, Java, C/C++
- MS / PhD in Computer Science or related field
Nice to Have:
- Prior work experience with programmatic advertising/RTB
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.