Manager - NOC
- Baner Road, Pune, Maharashtra, India
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
1. Responsible for managing and coordinating the NOC team operations. The main aim for this coordination is to ensure that the PubMatic Datacenter system and services runs efficiently without interruption.
2. Primarily deals with users, customers, vendors, engineers and the whole technical team.
3. Ensures that the systems and technology used are constantly upgraded to remain relevant.
4. Constantly update his / her knowledge as the success of a NOC manager depends on his / her knowledge of the industry and the level of experience in the field.
5. The NOC manager must keep upper management informed about what is happening in the organization concerning PubMatic datacenter services.
6. Comes up with innovative solutions to various problems and ensures that customer needs are properly defined and satisfactorily met. Implements and evaluates the working of networking, application and hardware systems and stays abreast of new technologies emerging in the industry.
7. NOC Manager oversees the work of junior employees to ensure that system requirements have been properly implemented and procedures carefully followed.
8. Responsible for informing Management, partners and peers about network, application and system performance and service availability.
9. Coordinates the duty shift table for the NOC operations and carefully allocates staff members (NOC technicians and NOC engineers) on different shift duties for ensuring the whole NOC shift works in an efficient and effective manner.
10. Pursue any other related activities as directed by superiors
- Eight years prior NOC experience.
- He / she should be flexible and creative.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated and the ability to organize and prioritize time effectively.
- Ability to manage and lead a team.
- Underlying awareness of the bigger picture.
- Ability to think quickly, take the initiative and willingness to make judgment calls.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness and ability to learn new products and network technologies quickly, often without the focus of formalized training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to communicate about networking issues effectively and in a comprehensible manner both to clients and employees.
- NOC managers require at least a bachelor's degree with qualifications in computer science, electrical engineering, telecommunication engineering and information technology and related fields.
- Having expertise on Linux, networking and knowledge of monitoring tools like Nagios, Grafana, or any other monitoring tools is must.
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.