Associate Director, Solutions Engineering - Mobile SDK
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
We are immediately hiring an Associate Director, Solutions Engineering - Mobile to join our growing team in Redwood City.
Platform Solutions works directly with our sales and account teams to showcase the value proposition of PubMatic’s products and solutions. We serve as technical experts and advisors in all phases of the platform sales life cycle process. This includes technical consulting, sales support and implementation, training, and custom requirements definition.
Working as a global team, we enjoy autonomy in our individual roles, while collaborating cross-functionally with each other across projects. The Solutions Engineer plays a critical role in supporting the sales process, including post-sale client onboarding and support.
The successful candidate is a proactive thinker, flexible with shifting project priorities and pressure. You have software development experience in Java and Objective C. You demonstrate confidence to handle problems, as well as the ability to work with a variety of different people. We seek a practical, take-charge expert to help build creative solutions and put them into action.
- Contribute to sales efforts through all aspects of the sales cycle including relationship initiation, negotiation, and closing.
- Evangelize the PubMatic solution to assigned markets
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to sales and account teams to assist in developing sales pitch, closing sales, and defining customization requirements for new and existing customers
- Partner with the PubMatic engineering and product teams to develop custom solutions and resolve issues during the sales cycle
- Prepare and deliver live product demonstrations to prospective clients
- Support pre-sales efforts for RFI and RFP submissions
- Work with customer-facing teams to identify business goals, opportunities, and online marketing objectives and assure highest level of implementation of the PubMatic platform
- Define technical requirements and specifications for custom solution development
- Provide subject matter expertise to PubMatic account teams and customers in terms of best practices and capabilities to ensure balanced revenue strategies.
- Provide code samples to the clients during implementation of PubMatic SDK.
- Provide internal training to sales and account management teams
- 6+ years of experience in software development and maintenance
- Strong understanding of mobile app development practices and SDK development. You should be able to read, understand and edit code in Java and Objective C
- Understanding of *nix(Linux/Unix) systems and working at the command line
- Familiarity with scripting languages (such as Python) and Databases (MySQL, PostgresSQL etc.)
- Familiarity with web debugging tools such as Charles and Fiddler
- In-depth understanding of ad servers such as DFP and MoPub.
- Experience managing complex projects ranging from client setup work, convincing clients on the benefits of integration, and evaluating custom solutions
- Strong consultative sales skills, personable, charismatic, solutions oriented, creative thinker
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering
Nice to Have:
- Prior video advertising solutions experience
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.