Payroll and Stock Administration Accountant
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
We are immediately hiring a strong Payroll and Stock Administration Accountant to join our growing team in Redwood City.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, this role is significantly involved in the daily activities of the Accounting department.
- Manage and maintain the Company’s payroll systems (Fidelity Payroll) for all employees in the US
- Work closely with accountants in the international subsidiaries to process International Payroll and expense reports
- Work closely with Human Resources to ensure that changes to all employee addresses, supervisor, departments, positions and pay rates are made on an accurate and timely basis in our SilkRoad HRIS and NetSuite
- Process new hires, terminations, deductions (flexible spending plans, benefits contributions, etc), federal and state tax withholdings, retroactive adjustments and special pays (commissions, bonus and expense report reimbursement)
- Provide prompt, friendly and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions or the payroll process
- Work closely with Staff Accountant to process expense report reimbursements in payroll
- Support Accounting team for all related journal entries and prepare reconciliations for all payroll related balance sheet accounts (US and International)
- Manage stock option administration of the company’s stock option equity awards
- Handle disbursement and collection of stock options documents
- Assist with Financial Statement Audits as it relates to Payroll as well Worker’s Compensation and 401K Audit
- Perform other related duties or ad hoc projects as assigned or directed
- 5+ years of payroll processing experience, with some working knowledge of the Fidelity Payroll System
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Ability to understand employee payroll issues and to communicate solutions effectively, professionally and respectfully
- Demonstrated ability to hold information confidential with use of appropriate judgment when handling sensitive data
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in addition to strong problem solving skills in a growing and dynamic environment
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work well in teams to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment where change is the norm, strong multi-tasking skills and flexibility to switch between projects quickly
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Excel and accounting systems - NetSuite a plus
- Experience with stock plan administration is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
Personal Characteristics and Competencies:
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail and extremely well-organized
- Good with documentation: you will design + build an optimization playbook for mobile
- Logical reasoning ability, problem solving and analytical mindset
- Customer service-oriented attitude
- Organized and structured approach to tasks with an eye for detail
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.