- Baner Road, Pune, Maharashtra, India
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is looking for a sharp analytical individual to work as a Data Analyst in the Finance Reporting & Insights function. People with a penchant for extracting the truth out of numbers and summarizing it for the finance and operations teams would be best fit for the role.
- The Data Analyst will be responsible for collecting and analyzing tremendous data sets using tools such as Microsoft Excel, Access, SQL and hive databases and presenting them in easy-to-understand formats.
- The Data Analyst will be expected to retrieve data from publishers, ad networks & aggregators UI and develop spreadsheets and excel macros to filter, analyze, generate reports and draw conclusions from that data. It will be important to focus on the primary metrics while understanding the business requirements of the different teams within the business.
- Apart from reporting tasks, the Data Analyst will work closely with other functions in the Pune Billing Team to assist with preparation of monthly publisher statements, tools that will improve productivity and the revenue yield generated for our publishers.
- Exposure to business analysis, tracking metrics and building revenue monitoring tools
- Should be involved in MIS functions requiring independent analysis of data
- Exposure to financial modeling and operations analysis is a plus
- Basic knowledge of running mapreduce jobs in hive databases
- Basic programming knowledge
- MS Office products including strong grasp of Excel (Charting, Formulae, Pivots
- Advance Excel/Access: VB Macros in Excel and MS Access
- VBA programming exposure is a plus
- MS-SQL / MySQL
- Hands on experience on Hive Database / Data Analytics tools
- Added advantage if hands on experience in HTML / PHP / Java Script / Python
- Any graduation, as specified by role, with good academic record / Masters is a plus
- Total work experience of 3 to 5 years in a fast paced change-oriented environment
- Worked in shifts interacting with US or UK clientele / vendors
- Logical reasoning ability, problem solving and analytical mindset
- Pro-active, quick learning, detail oriented
- Excellent written and spoken English with ability to handle communication across levels.
- Working hours would be 8PM to 5AM
Graduation in Math, Statistics, Science or Engineering
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vison insurance plus many extra perks including Perkspot unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.