Director, Advertiser Solutions Benelux
- Barbara Strozzilaan, 1083 HN Amsterdam, Netherlands
PubMatic is the automation solution company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omnichannel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands.
Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fuelled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centres worldwide.
PubMatic is hiring a Director, Advertiser Solutions to join our growing team in Amsterdam.
The Director of Ad Solutions is a highly visible and strategically important role at PubMatic. We are looking for an individual whose digital media experience has given her or him a keen understanding of real-time bidding, a mastery of the full programmatic supply chain, and a network of agency relationships across Benelux.
PubMatic is changing the conversation around how buyers access supply. The Director of Ad Solutions will be tasked with engaging senior executives at major agencies, challenging their current assumptions, and selling in new partnership ideas. Successfully doing so requires a strategic, collaborative thinker who can bring in other PubMatic directors, executives, and subject-matter experts as needed.
The ideal candidate has experience at an AdTech platform, DSP or SSP and deep relationships within agency holding companies. He or she enjoys networking at industry functions, staying current on the latest programmatic trends, and proactively seeking out knowledge specific to the inner-workings of PubMatic’s technology. The role requires an ability to think creatively and collaborate with others in executing long-term, complex deals.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility and accomplishments in digital media and/or technology sales and will have strong knowledge of all facets of inventory yield strategies and operational requirements for real-time media monetization.
- Grow relationships with PubMatics demand partners including Agencies and Trading Desks across Benelux
- Define and execute PubMatic’s private marketplace and sales strategy across agencies and holding companies
- Develop a culture of collaboration and accountability across the team
- Travel as necessary in support of business objectives (prospect/client meetings, conferences, internal meetings)
This position will require frequent and meaningful interaction peers in other offices and PubMatic senior leadership. To be a leader in this environment will require the ability to quickly connect the dots between all functions and possess a deep understanding of PubMatic’s technology, service offerings, and capabilities.
- 5 years plus of experience working with agencies holding companies, trading desks and DSPs
- Previous experience planning, buying or trading at an agency
- Excellent relationships with the key agency decision makers
- Past experiences guiding deals that may involve global collaboration between multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Growth mindset: willing to take risks, ask questions, and even appear foolish in order to learn; not focused on status or authority
- Solution leadership: able to shape the roadmap of features requested by clients and lead discussion in relationship with our Product Management and R&D team
- Understand the dynamics of the sell-side, most notably operations of supply-side platforms and ad serving tech
- Ability to present effectively to C-level executives and confidently navigate challenges
- Strong written and oral communication skills, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English and Dutch skills are mandatory
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vison insurance plus many extra perks including Perkspot unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.