Software Engineering Intern
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
PubMatic's Big Data Engineering group is responsible for building a scalable, fault-tolerant, and highly available platform to handle petabytes of data at PubMatic. Our platform is built to ingest & process data for providing real-time, 'slice & dice' analytics for both internal & external customers.
The successful hire will have an opportunity to work in a production environment with the following technologies – C/C++, Java, Microservices, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS, 1000+ nodes, Kinetica, Vertica and the phenomenal scale -- we consume about 50TB of data per day. This is an awesome role for a server side software engineer looking to get into big data or Hadoop engineering.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design and implement the software solutions for PubMatic Application/Modules in PubMatic's technical infrastructure
- Interact with Product, UI, QA, Account management and platform teams in US and Pune, India for new features, enhancements and fixes
- Develop code that is modular, scalable, performant and high quality
- Create new or fix existing common components in the PubMatic platform
- Design and review the work of team members to ensure coding guidelines
- Interact with cross functional teams to resolve the dependencies and ensure timely delivery of the features
- Improve current technical stack used in different PubMatic modules
- Automate development, QA build and deployment processes
- Very strong computer science fundamentals - data structures, algorithms, etc.
- 1+ years of C/C++ development experience
- 1+ years of design patterns, debugging techniques, build processes, test frameworks and CI tools
- 1+ years of Agile and Scrum methodologies including sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, estimation and prioritization techniques
- Interest in learning Big Data technologies
- Bachelors or MS in Computer Science / Engineering
- Experience in working and coordinating with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of the application performance and scalability considerations
- Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations
- A passion for developing and maintaining a high-quality code and test base, and enabling contributions from engineers across the team
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work collaboratively
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot, and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.