Director Ad Solutions, Advertisers and Brand Direct
- Dean St, Soho, London, UK
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
The Director of Ad Solutions, Advertisers and Brand Direct is a highly visible and strategically important role at PubMatic. We are looking for an individual whose digital media experience has given him or her a keen understanding of real-time bidding, a mastery of the full programmatic supply chain, and a network of advertiser and brand direct relationships.
Working out of our London office, the Director of Ad Solutions, Advertisers and Brand Direct will be tasked with engaging senior executives at major Advertisers and Brands, challenging their current assumptions, and selling in new partnership ideas. Successfully doing so requires a strategic, collaborative thinker who can bring in other PubMatic Directors, Executives, and subject-matter experts as needed.
The ideal candidate has experience at an Agency, AdTech platform, DSP or SSP and deep relationships within the industry.
He or she enjoys networking at industry functions, staying current on the latest programmatic trends, and proactively seeking out knowledge specific to the inner-workings of PubMatic’s technology. The role requires an ability to think creatively and collaborate with others in executing long-term, complex deals.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility and accomplishments in digital media and/or technology sales, and will have strong knowledge of all facets of inventory yield strategies and operational requirements for real time media monetization.
- This position will require frequent and meaningful interaction across peers in other offices and PubMatic’s senior leadership team. To be a leader in this environment will require the ability to quickly connect the dots between all functions and possess a deep understanding of PubMatic’s technology, service offerings, and capabilities.
- Define and execute PubMatic’s Biddable IO sales strategy across advertisers and brands
- Instill a culture of collaboration and accountability
Travel as necessary in support of business objectives (prospect/client meetings, conferences, internal meetings)
- 5+ years of related experience in sales, business development, and/or product within an advertising technology company
- Past experiences guiding deals that may involve global collaboration between multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Growth mindset: willing to take risks, ask questions, and even appear foolish in order to learn; not focused on status or authority
- Solution leadership: able to shape the roadmap of features requested by clients and lead discussion in relationship with our Product Management and R&D team
- Understand the dynamics of the sell-side, most notably operations of supply side platforms and ad serving tech
- Superb communicator and service-oriented leader
- Ability to present effectively to C-level executives and confidently navigate challenges
- Ultra-high EQ
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vison insurance plus many extra perks including Perkspot unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.