Director, Machine Learning
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
We are immediately hiring a Director of Machine Learning to join our growing team in Redwood City.
Reporting to the Vice-President, you will be a hands-on leader for our DSML team: develop, implement and extend algorithms for real-time auctioning, predictions, floor pricing, ad inventory estimation and audience segmentations – all across multiple pedabytes of data.
You will lead design and implement core components of our algorithms, modeling, and monetizing the large amounts of data PubMatic generates daily.
The ideal candidate demonstrates prior leadership as both a ‘Thinker’ and a ‘Doer’ - you will plan our strategy and apply Machine Learning to get things done.
- Ownership for providing direction and day-to-day management for the Data Science and Machine Learning team
- Leading development and implementation of scalable algorithmic solutions for real-time auctioning, prediction, floor pricing, ad inventory estimation, and audience segmentations
- Managing challenges associated with investigating and understanding large data sets, and building models based on Big Data solutions
- Ensure advanced agile standards are maintained in research, development, QA, and implementation phases
- Build deep partnerships with business, product management, and technology leaders
- Lead, hire, manage and mentor a global team of Data Scientists and algorithm engineers
- Ensure excellence in delivery to internal and external customers
- PhD or MS in Statistics, Applied Mathematics or Computer Science
- 2+ years of hands-on business application experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining, pattern recognition, and probability theory
- 8+ years of total experience in the Machine Learning field, including time with academic research
- Proficiency in analytical modeling tools like R, Spark ML
- Proficiency in at least one high level programming language like Java, Scala, or Python
- Knowledge and experience working with Hive and MapReduce
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience in programmatic ad tech - RTB or DMP is a plus
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity + maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO - that we actually require you to use! And when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks, catered lunches twice a week, and much more.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.