Software Engineering Intern (Full Time)
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
We are immediately hiring an hourly Software Engineering Intern (40-hour week required) to join our growing team in Redwood City.
PubMatic's Big Data Engineering group is responsible for a scalable, fault-tolerant, and highly available platform to handle petabytes of data. PubMatic is built to ingest + process big data, providing real-time, 'slice & dice' analytics to both our internal + external customers.
The successful hire will have an opportunity to work in a production environment with Java, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS, Kinetica, Vertica, and Microservices across 1000+ nodes. This is an awesome role for a new server-side engineer interested in Big Data or Hadoop engineering.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Write Java solutions for PubMatic Applications / Modules in our technical infrastructure
- Interact with Product, UI, QA, Account management and platform teams in US and Pune, India for new features, enhancements and fixes
- Develop code that is modular, scalable, performant and high quality
- Create new or fix existing common components in the PubMatic platform
- Interact with cross functional teams to resolve the dependencies and ensure timely delivery of the features
- Improve current technical stack used in different PubMatic modules
- Automate development, QA build and deployment processes
- 1+ years of Java development work experience
- Very strong computer science fundamentals with data structured and algorithms
- 1+ years of design patterns, debugging techniques, build processes, test frameworks and CI tools
- 1+ years of Agile and Scrum methodologies including sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, estimation and prioritization techniques
- BS or MS in Computer Science / Engineering
- Experience in working and coordinating with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of the application performance and scalability considerations
- Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, and operations
- A passion for developing and maintaining a high-quality code and test base, and enabling contributions from engineers across the team
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work collaboratively
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity + maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO - that we actually require you to use! And when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks, catered lunches twice a week, and much more.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.