Director, Product Management, Private Marketplace
- 229 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
As Director, Product Management – Private Marketplace, you will drive the next generation private marketplace ad products.
Programmatic advertising continues to grow rapidly - new market trends continue to emerge, and existing trends become stronger. You will make sure that PubMatic is at the forefront of building innovative PMP solutions to play these trends.
Your products will allow publishers and buyers to connect and transact in a programmatic marketplace efficiently, across a variety of platforms as well as ad formats. You will have a strong emphasis on In-app, Video and CTV/OTT, in order to address the unique requirements of these high growth channels / formats. You will deliver on your roadmap and influence the roadmap of other product management teams to deliver best in class experience to PubMatic’s publishers and advertisers.
PubMatic seeks an experienced programmatic ad technology product manager to drive PMP monetization and innovation across its global platform. This person will work with key members of the product management, business and engineering organizations to develop strategies, technologies and tactics to optimize programmatic performance and monetization across all types of PMP deals. The successful candidate will have more than five years of experience in ad technology, with recent relevant experience specifically in PMP monetization strategies and technologies, including the following:
- 7+ years of Product Management experience in web applications; demonstrated success in building and launching products; B2B preferred
- 3+ years recent experience with a widely used DSP, SSP, or DMP
- Experience with ad tech/ RTB, PMP, ad server and related programmatic technologies
- Deep understanding of industry trends and business models
- Demand sourcing and optimization technologies for PMP monetization
- Enjoys the wide variety of tasks involved in a product management role
- Proven ability to articulate business opportunities and customer needs into product requirements / user stories. Demonstrated skill in writing concise and clear definitions of prioritized features for the technical teams to implement. Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, project management, story-drafting
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership track record
- Experience working and executing effectively in a global environment
- Position will require some domestic and international travel
- You are responsible for the overall success of your product portfolio; you have the skills and experience as a PM to make things happen
- Drive the vision, build product roadmap and drive execution through all stages of product lifecycle from concept to delivery
- Drive GTM process in collaboration with Product Marketing to drive adoption of your products
- Evangelize your products with group and company leadership and your global stakeholders
- Direct engineering investment judiciously; you understand the value and benefit of every product / feature in detail
- Actively manage trade-offs and be a key part of your products’ agile team including user experience design
- Speak to publishers, DSPs, agencies and advertisers regularly to get customer feedback and develop frameworks and strategies to analyze competitive landscape, potential partnerships and opportunities.
- Educate buy and sell side teams on the landscape, key factors, key indicators and how we will take advantage of them.
- Strategic thinker who can use a variety of information including quantitative and qualitative
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to explain complex technical matters to both technical and non-technical audiences
Coronavirus Notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.