Principal Software Engineer (Big Data, Java, Hadoop)
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-centric approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is a registered trademark of PubMatic, Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Resource will be directly involved with building ground breaking new technologies to leapfrog competition within our competitive, fast-paced online advertising industry. The Principal Software engineer will be working on PubMatic data Platform. This platform processes 1.65 Peta Bytes of uncompressed data daily and over all manages more than 100 Peta Bytes of data in the cluster. We are looking for self-motivated developers who enjoy working in dynamic, agile development environments as an individual contributor in the team.
- He / She will be responsible for architect, design and develop software modules in various parts of the system architecture.
- Come up with ideas and execute them to scale the platform in a stable way.
- Understand system architecture and design.
- To develop portable, high performance, and bug-free code.
- Convert the business stories into technical solutions
- Cultivate sustained innovation to deliver exceptional products to customers
- Ensure timely and top-quality product delivery
- Ensure that the end product is fully and correctly defined and documented
- Ensure implementation/continuous improvement of formal processes to support product development activities
- Drive the architecture/design decisions needed to achieve cost-effective and high-performance results
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features.
- Provide helpful and productive code reviews for peers and junior members of the team.
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments
- 5 to 12 years of product development experience in Java.
- 2+ years of experience in Hadoop (HSDFS) and Spark.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Working experience with building highly scalable application using Core Java and Data structures
- Working experience in a Linux/UNIX environment is mandatory
- Familiarity with version control systems Git and build tools like Maven
- Experience in trouble shooting production applications
- BE/BTech/BS/BCS/MCS/MCA in Computers or equivalent
Core Java, Hadoop , Spark, Big Data, Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
Good to Have:
Scala, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker.
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vison insurance plus many extra perks including Perkspot unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.