Vice President, Publisher Development
- W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is a registered trademark of PubMatic, Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the VP Publisher Development, US, holds the primary responsibility of driving the success of PubMatic’s multi-channel, video, Enterprise and CTV publisher account acquisition efforts in the Americas.
This senior sales leader will bring together all relevant stakeholders and the full breadth of platform solutions within PubMatic to drive our engagement and the ultimate growth of our publisher business.
Leading candidates will demonstrate the ability to draw from a proven track record of sales management and business development that they will use to inform innovative programmatic sales tactics and strategy. They will have in-depth experience managing a team of general and specialized sales executives toward achieving revenue goals.
Success in this role will depend on discipline, operational excellence, and communication, and the best candidates will bring a network of senior industry relationships that they can leverage.
They will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility and accomplishments in digital media technology and revenue leadership, and they will have superior knowledge of all facets of inventory yield strategies for publishers, and operational requirements for real time media monetization.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to a sales group around maximizing the acquisition of multi-channel, video, Enterprise, and CTV publisher relationships
- Lead account acquisition efforts in the Americas by developing and implementing sales plans that support increased direct sales
- Prepare material for presentation to GTM leadership and company leadership as required to illustrate the progress of US Pub Dev as well as information on key deliverables
- Develop business plans for the region that include target account lists, account assignments, and quotas
- Monitor and review customer sales activity and make strategy adjustments as needed
- Manage vertical sales of specialized offerings to existing customers, such as in CTV
- Build strategic relationships with key contacts within customer organizations to understand opportunities for creating value
- Participate in working with marketing to develop programs to influence success and participate in said programs accordingly
- Participate in global whale meetings and support growth with global accounts
- Hold weekly 1:1 meetings with all team members with specific pipeline review activity
- Work with customer success teams to understand and develop solutions to onboard and ramp customers efficiently and effectively
- Attend industry events (conferences and trade shows) to enhance sales and marketing efforts
- Communicate effectively with global publisher development teams
- Utilize superior communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives, and clients.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations through formal or informal study, reading business and professional publications, networking, and participation in professional organizations.
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited and recognized institution is required with an advanced degree (MBA, equivalent) preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in media and/or media technology
- Minimum of 3-5 years of senior-level experience managing and driving business growth, working with remote teams to coordinate account level strategy and execution at multiple tiers of business contacts
- Strong experience providing information to leadership on trends, performance, action plans
- Strong track record of leading ongoing technology-related business development (i.e., emerging trends and technologies serving the online and digital advertising marketplace)
- Analytical/strategic thinker, creative problem solver, resourceful, able to initiate change and motivate innovation and creativity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good presence and bearing in support of external visibility and industry speaking engagements
- Strong time management abilities
- Traveling to meet customers/clients and to attend industry trade shows and events is a requirement of the role. Traveling may be as much as 30%
The Candidate should have a deep understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology, and the drive and ownership to work in a start-up environment. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative, and integrity. High energy and must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is also critical.
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vison insurance plus many extra perks. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.