NOC System Engineer-L2 Position
- Baner Road, Pune, Maharashtra, India
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry. Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands. Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
Linux System Administrator would be responsible for provisioning, installation/ configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. He would be contributing to the technical research and development to drive innovation within the infrastructure team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Build and operate enterprise systems, utilizing best practices for system deployment and design to include but not limited to the following system areas:
• Server hardware and operating systems
• Virtualization - KVM. VMWare
• AWS, Azure, and other virtualization technologies
• Security tools and components
• Network and system automation
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/ operational requirements
• Identification of automation opportunities within Client s network infrastructure
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary Primary Skills:
• Participate in weekly rotating on-call responsibilities, providing 24/7 coverage with rotational shifts.
• Handling Escalations.
• 5-6 years System Administration experience with Linux.
• Working knowledge of apache, nginx , MySQL Replication Management, Administration.
• Shell scripting/ programming experience
• Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef
• Strong background of Linux administration and engineering
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors, partners and across all levels of the organisation.
• Should be analytical in problem solving
• Should be a team player and collaborate effectively with the members Experience range:
• Knowledge of Hadoop environment will be an added advantage.
• Experience with monitoring systems like Nagios, Zabbix, Observium, Cacti, etc.
• Familiarity with large scale infrastructure, distributed systems, and application performance.
• Networking skills required (Load Balancer, Adding server in network)
• Well organised, attentive to details and able to meet demanding deadlines. Research and make recommendations on server system administration
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science.
• Relevant certifications preferred - RHCE, , ITIL
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.