Software Engineer - GoLang ( Contract)
- Baner, Pune, Maharashtra, India
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
We are looking for a Go Lang Engineer with 2-4 years experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications.
He/ She will be responsible for Go application development and providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Participate in software design meetings and write technical design documents.
- Development of the product / modules independently.
- Responsible for writing unit test, integration test, re-factoring & documentation.
- Understand & maintain existing code-base by regular re-factoring and applying requested fixes and features.
- Experience of working within a fast-paced Agile development process.
- Maintain application stability by monitoring key metrics and improving code base accordingly.
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments
- Should be flexible to learn new technology / require frameworks.
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features.
- 2-4 years of hands on experience in software development.
- Should have excellent knowledge of OOPS Concept and experience in building highly scalable and high performance application with Go.
- Experience with relational databases and database concepts, preferably MySQL
- Experience with SQL and Java or Go optimization for real-time systems
- Should have experience in REST Web Service development.
- Should have good knowledge of databases, preferably MySQL and nice to have knowledge of nosql Dbs like mongoDB etc.
- Nice to have knowledge and hands on experience of any of scripting languages like Shell Script / PHP / Python.
- Should have good knowledge of Data Structures.
- Should have experience in writing unit tests.
- Good knowledge of Unix OS is preferred.
- Working experience of tools/technologies like Kubernetes, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Docker.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development, re-factoring, code reviews, continuous integration/deliver and Agile development practices.
- Should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (CS / IT/ EE / E&TC) or Master’s degree in Computer Science (MCS / MCA)
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.