Senior Director, Advertiser Sales
- Minami Aoyama, Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-centric approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is a registered trademark of PubMatic, Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The Director or Advertiser Solutions is responsible for leading advertiser relationships within the PubMatic platform as well as working with current partners to fulfil their business needs and optimize their potential for our publishers.
Candidates should possess strong sales skills and have experience in managing existing clients.
The candidate should strive to exceed revenue targets through active selling, account management, program implementation and managing terms and expectations for new and existing clients.
The candidate would be required to effectively communicate at multiple levels from junior to top level executives, both internally and externally. Internally, the role requires close collaboration with the following groups: Technical Operations, Publisher Sales, Publisher Account Management, local and global Ad Solutions team members and the global Product Management teams.
What will you do?
- Manage the relationship with Agencies, Advertisers and Brands
- Be an integral part of a high paced, hardworking, fun loving, global team
- Grow platform spend to meet and exceed goals while continuously prospecting new business
- Conduct quarterly business reviews and ongoing direct client management and entertainment
- Work with advertiser partners on a daily basis while providing excellent customer service including proactive media packaging of publisher opportunities resulting in higher publisher revenue
- Identify additional revenue opportunities within existing clients
- Develop a strong understanding of PubMatic’s technology and media solutions from an intellectual and applied perspective; communicate the value proposition to drive business growth
- Build and maintain close working relationships with multiple internal departments with a strong understanding for internal cross-functional communication/collaboration
- Attend industry events and conferences to network and grow your industry knowledge
What will make you stand out?
- Bring strong relationships with senior (VP level and above) people within major agencies in Japan, such as Dentsu, Hakuhodo, ADK, CyberAgent, Opt, Septeni etc
- Have previous Agency, Programatic or AdTech Sales or Account Management experience
- Be a team player and self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced global company
- 3+ years in sales or business development in the online industry. Relevant experience includes: publishers, ad network / sales house, SSPs, ad exchanges, DSPs and ad agencies
- Strong relationships with with senior level people across major agencies and brands in Japan
- Knowledge of programmatic buying and selling including: pricing models, optimization tactics, audience trends and buying technologies
- Fluent Japanese with an ability to communicate in English when needed
- Proficiency in Excel with a proven ability to convey data and analysis to drive business
- Strong presentation (Including PowerPoint) and negotiation skills
- Flexible, start-up mindset with proven success in fast-paced environments