Technical Accounting and Reporting Manager
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic is the automation solutions company for an open digital media industry.
Featuring the leading omni-channel revenue automation platform for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale.
Processing nearly one trillion ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to activate meaningful connections between consumers, content and brands.
Since 2006, PubMatic’s focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the growth of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 11 offices and six data centers worldwide.
This position will be reporting to the Corporate Controller. We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and dedicated professional to be a key member of our Accounting and Finance function. This position represents a unique opportunity to provide accounting and finance expertise and work with a broad array of Corporate management on key issues. This position will also oversee the high profile special projects within the Accounting and Finance function.
This person should have significant knowledge and experience in applying and interpreting technical accounting, reporting and disclosure requirements, as well as a good understanding of economics and business matters.
- Prepare Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/K and other required similar deliverables
- Create and maintain SEC calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for the following processes: financial close, BOD package, press release and 10-Q/K
- Ensure timely identification and compliance with US GAAP accounting by remaining current on new and existing standards, preparing technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner, and assisting with implementation of new accounting standards
- Provide guidance and training on technical accounting issues to various constituents within the Company
- Manage communications with external auditors on financial statements, accounting issues, accounting disclosures, and significant transactions
- Advise on significant business transactions by providing technical accounting expertise, evaluating the accounting consequences of potential transactions and providing input and suggestions to planned and proposed agreements and ventures
- Prepare presentations for the audit committee on key accounting issues and trends
- Advise other finance team members regarding the handling of non-routine transactions
- Oversee the implementation of SOX testing
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- Minimum 2 years of recent experience as an audit manager of a Big 4 public accounting firm
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP, FASB codification, and SEC reporting standards, as well as experience with technical research and preparation of accounting memorandums.
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting issues to finance and non-finance personnel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills Ability to work hands-on in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and manage individuals
- Outstanding project management skills to establish and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, with a high level of ethics and integrity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.