Private Marketplace Development Manager
- 229 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
The Private Marketplace Development Manager will support the PMP business by developing a deep understanding of the inventory and audiences available across PubMatic’s publisher and data partner portfolio in order to provide proactive and reactive support to our go to market team
- Receiving, understanding and reacting to ‘deal’ briefs from buyers – developing and building packages* that meet their requirements.
- Working with the Advertiser Solutions teams to understand their buyer’s portfolio of brands – proactively developing speculative packages that are aligned with their portfolio (e.g. auto intenders for a car brand within sports content)
- Working with product marketing to develop proactive promotion of either a targeted or broad range of packages delivered via automated Account Based Marketing campaigns.
- Working with the Ad Operations/Deal Desk to develop an understanding of best practices in order to refine future offerings.
*packages may be verticalised or site specific and may or may not include an Audience Encore element.
- 3-5 years in a sales planning role at a tier 1 publisher or advertising agency
- Experience with packaging and presenting inventory packages
- Strong familiarity with PMP deals and packaging needs at both pre and post-sale stages as well as entire life cycle of account needs
- Experience directly supporting either supply or demand side clients (including publishers, agencies, brands direct, DSP's) as well as internal teams covering Sales, Account Management, Technical Account Management, and Customer Success
- Strong experience with Excel and analyzing data sets to be able to provide recommendations back to either clients directly or various internal teams
In order to be successful the PMP Development Manager will need to work closely with the following key stakeholders:
- The North America Ad Solutions team members – in order to deeply understand their buyer portfolio and subsequent needs, including media planning calendars
- The North America Audience Encore team – to gain a deep understanding of the audience segments that our data partners are providing and to work with both the Audience Encore team and the Ad Solutions team to ensure that the most relevant audience segments are prioritised for onboarding and then packaged and promoted to both internal stakeholders and external customers
- The North America Customer Success team – to gain a deep understanding of our publisher portfolio across the region, ensuring that the most relevant inventory is packaged and promoted to internal and external customers
- The North America Publisher Development team – acting as an information source to the publisher development team to ensure that they are focusing their efforts on securing the publisher portfolio most in demand from buyers
- The CSOM team – to actively review performance of packages, leveraging knowledge to refine future offerings
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vison insurance plus many extra perks including Perkspot unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.