Fixed Assets Accountant (Remote - WFH)
- 3 Lagoon Dr, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA
- Employees can work remotely
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
We are immediately hiring a strong Fixed Assets Accountant to join our growing team remotely.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller in Pacific Time, this role is significantly involved in the daily activities of the Accounting department.
A fixed asset accountant performs various functions in ensuring effective maintenance of an organization’s fixed assets and depreciation schedules.
The job description example given below highlights major fixed asset accountant duties, tasks, and responsibilities that you may be assigned if you are hired for the role:
- Record fixed assets by creating and supervising a system of procedures, forms, and controls
- Recommend any updates to accounting policies affecting fixed assets to management
- Allocate serial numbers to fixed assets to effectively track them
- Record in the accounting system newly acquired fixed assets and those disposed
- Track, compile, and record project costs in fixed asset accounts; close out the accounts at the completion of the projects
- Perform reconciliation of fixed asset subsidiary ledger balance with summary-level account in the general ledger
- Perform depreciation calculation for all fixed assets
- Perform revision and update on the detailed schedule of accumulated depreciation and fixed assets
- Carry out periodic reviews on intangible assets’ impairment
- Recommend fixed assets that should be disposed of to management
- As may be requested by management, perform fixed asset related analyses
- Create fixed asset related audit schedules, and collaborate with auditors on their assignments
- Prepare property tax returns, and sales and use tax return filings
- Track Company’s fixed asset spending in relation to its capital budget, as well as management authorizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of Fixed Assets experience
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Possess strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting systems - NetSuite a plus
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.