Director, Publisher Development South Korea
- Seoul, Seoul, Korea, republic of
- Employees can work remotely
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is hiring a Director, Publisher Development for South Korea, to join our growing team in APAC.
The Director of Publisher Development at PubMatic is responsible for driving revenue growth via new publisher acquisition, client retention and upselling to current publishers.
As point lead in market for PubMatic’s Publisher Development team, you will be responsible for establishing, long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with digital media companies, mobile app producers and other top ranked digital publishers. You will be a key member of PubMatic’s publisher sales team involved in prospecting, selling, and closing long-term mobile relationships.
The best candidates will have an established network of strong app, web or OTT publisher relationships, as well as a clear understanding of the perspectives of buyers in the marketplace. They will have demonstrated a record of progressive responsibility and accomplishments in digital media and/or technology sales and will have strong knowledge of all facets of inventory yield strategies, and operational requirements for real-time monetization.
- Work with the Leadership Team to define, achieve and exceed revenue and business goals
- Developing a publisher sales strategy that drives accelerated business growth for S. Korea market
- Work closely with the Marketing organization to shape go-to-market narrative, and be expert at articulating the story internally and externally
- Developing territory and prospect plans
- Reaching or exceeding quarterly revenue goals
- Continuously prospecting for new business using your existing network of relationships and creating new relationships
- Presenting PubMatic solutions for maximum immediate revenue recognition
- Evangelizing the PubMatic solution to the assigned market
- Lead sales efforts through all aspects of the sales cycle including relationship initiation, negotiation, and closing
- Participating in industry events, both local and remote
- Developing and growing PubMatic’s market presence
- Ideal candidate will have worked at an ad serving technology company, an SSP, an ad network, Publisher and/or large media company
- Strong knowledge & familiarity with Internet advertising models, ad optimization, audience trends and technologies
- Strong set of existing relationships with large media companies at the VP Sales level, VP/Director, Ad Ops and comfortable with running c-level
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and impeccable business judgment; professional distinction in thought leadership and innovation
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Strong written, presenting & oral communication skills in both Korean and English language
- Ability to learn, take charge and deliver results with minimal supervision
- High energy, self motivated and passionate about working in a fast paced start up environment
- 3+ years in a sales or business development role in the digital advertising & online industry
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.