Director, Product Management, Identity
- 305 Main St, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
The Director of Product Management, Identity is responsible for envisioning and executing on Identity product strategy that enables us to lead in a programmatic future where third party cookies and device IDs do not exist.
The successful candidate will have a strong product management portfolio of successful products and a deep understanding of the role that Identity, data and audience play in the programmatic market.They would be well versed with challenges and opportunities in ad-tech space that comes with loss of third party cookies and device IDs. They have a good appreciation of how various industry forums are approaching this challenge and understand various solutions to solve for cookie-less future as well as trade-offs associated with those solutions.
They will have a full spectrum of product skills including evangelizing their product internally and in market, assessing competition, defining vision, collaborating with engineering, operations and marketing to develop product and the successful delivery and adoption of platforms.
They are comfortable collaborating in various industry forums like IAB or Prebid and can articulate their point of view very well. Most importantly, they should be comfortable with ambiguity and flexible enough to change their direction when new information mandates that. They are passionate, motivated, self-starters and are obsessed towards making a difference.
- As a member of the product management team, you will be responsible for creating the product vision, strategy, design and execution of your area of the product portfolio.
- Be the authority on how buyers and sellers transact and use identity / audience /contextual data across digital advertising formats in the advertising industry.
- Understand privacy and protection compliance, its evolution in various global regions and how that informs our Identity solutions.
- Develop frameworks and strategies to analyze competitive landscape, potential data partnerships and opportunities
- Collaborate with product teams and engineers to bring solutions to market on time and within budget
- Develop and communicate a clear product roadmap to clients, internal teams, and company executives and board members
- Own backlog grooming and prioritization while collaborating with stakeholders
- Understand and educate marketing and buy and sell side teams on the landscape, key factors, key indicators and how we will take advantage of them.
- Participate in industry forums like IAB or Prebid and collaborate with industry stakeholders to drive standards / solutions that help push the industry forward.
- 7+ years of product management and/or technical experience in digital publishing, adtech or media buying
- 4+ years recent experience in the audience and data space per digital media across mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices
- Extensive grasp of the challenges associated with loss of cookies/device IDs and high level technical understanding of various solutions/approaches to solve for this, how publishers/marketers use first vs. third party data, growth trends and likely market changes
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership track record
- Autonomous learner, curious problem solver and team player
- Self-starter and obsessed towards making a positive difference
- Ability to sell in close concert with sales people and solutions engineers to a diversity of clients.
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and flexible to change the direction based on new information
- Prior experience participating in some industry bodies / standard setting bodies
- Exceptional client communication and interaction skills, including the ability to communicate with client and business teams to gather and validate requirements.
- Position will require some domestic and international travel
Coronavirus Notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.