Senior Manager, Business Development - OpenWrap
- W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-centric approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
This role will have primary responsibility for selling PubMatic’s OpenWrap wrapper solution into the US publisher community. This seller will build deep, trusted relationships across our most strategic customers in order to successfully close OpenWrap opportunities. They will also partner with customer success and publisher sales to co-sell inbound leads from our mid-market customer base. This position will have primary responsibility to conduct sales pitches and coordinate platform demos. The Manager, Business Development, OpenWrap will be responsible for managing the sales cycle from start to finish, including managing contract negotiations and obtaining final sign-off.
This role is about generating and closing new opportunities while playing a key role supporting the Revenue Team - here are a few key expectations:
• Know the Tech: Quickly get up to speed on PubMatic’s technical capabilities. Understand the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers and how to speak with confidence, knowledge, and credibility about what we bring to our customers. This is likely to include sitting in on our product and technology teams' regular meetings. Provide market feedback through management channels.
• Support the Sales Process: From your first day, you will be expected to work on real customer opportunities through a sales process, from initial engagement to pricing discussions to final contract negotiations. Use your ad tech knowledge to educate, problem-solve, and deliver guidance to our customers. You may occasionally be asked to help with RFPs and questionnaires. At any given time, you may be supporting as many as 15-20 opportunities in various stages of that process.
• Engage with Customer Opportunities: You're someone who must love working with customers. Your audience will be with our customers' business heads, ad operations leads, product leads, etc. We will rely on you to ensure the key business influencers of our customers deeply understand our technology, the value we bring, and what makes it different (and better than that of our competitors). We’ll also count on you to be trusted adviser to clients and explain complex solution use cases in layman’s terms to prospects.meetings throughout the US
- Previous experience selling ad tech platforms and solutions to publishers
- Experience adapting to a rapidly changing product and responding strategically to customer needs
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience developing working relationships at all levels of management
- Great track record of sourcing, developing, and maintaining partner relationships
- Proven closer that can source leads independently and also work within a team environment against existing customers
- Strong network of relationships in the publisher community
- Proven history of high-quality customer service and partnership development
- Strong communicator with exceptional presentation and sales skills
- NYC-based role and able to travel to customer meetings throughout the US
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.