Data Center Technical Support Engineer
- Baner Rd, Baner, Pune, Maharashtra, India
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is immediately hiring an experienced Data Center Technical Support Engineer to join us in Pune. This person plays a critical role in supporting our data centers in EMEA and APAC, including Linux Administration, Network Support and Hardware troubleshooting.
- Ability to run/install ethernet and fiber optic cable.
- Imaging and racking the new servers.
- Developing documentation standards for technical designs and operational run-books.
- Developing documentation artifacts such as build and run-books (operational procedures).
- Providing operational support to these SaaS/Cloud Infrastructure and systems on a day-to-day basis.
- Transfer tools, parts, equipment, and supplies between locations with barcode scanners and associated software tools.
- Tracking and maintaining spare parts.
- Recognize and swap-out key broken or damaged parts.
- Hardware troubleshooting and replacing the failed parts.
- RMA for all failed hardware and handling those logistics.
- Packaging and shipping of hardware as needed.
- Inventory Management.
- Hardware Benchmarking.
- Handling the new projects (sizing, burning and testing hardware).
- Follow published process for handling tapes and other media.
- Maintain images & perform remote installations.
- 2 - 5 years of prior data center support experience.
- Ability to travel to EMEA and APAC Data centers if necessary.
- Fluency at the command line with Linux/Unix to check server hardware and troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to lift/move up to 40 lbs of equipment as required.
- Ability to exert yourself physically over extended periods of time, including frequent bending, kneeling, climbing, pushing/pulling and lifting.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including working weekends, holidays and on shift-based schedules as required.
- Ability to write and speak fluent English.
- Certifications – A+, CCNA, Linux (LPIC or Red Hat).
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and execute on written processes.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.
Nice to Have:
- Linux certification.
- Experience in Data center Operations.
- Ability to perform component level-replacements on equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.