Sales Engineer, OpenWrap
- W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to control and maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic’s publisher-centric approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
We’re looking for a highly driven, rock star Sales Engineer who will support the Business Development and Customer Success teams at PubMatic. You will closely with a Business Development executive to engage with new customer opportunities, help respond to inbound opportunities, and work closely with other sales and customer support personnel to shepherd deals from opening through to contract and closing stage. Beyond pre-sales, you'll be expected to play a supporting role to our technical onboarding team as customers integrate to our platform, go live and, ramp.
The Business Development team plays a vital role in growing PubMatic’s revenue and increasing the overall portfolio of our partnerships. We are looking for a sales engineer whose professional DNA is rooted in both Technology and Sales. Your work will inevitably include networking to build relationships, contributing to sales presentations, providing product demonstrations, workflow modeling, solution design, and ensuring our customers fully grasp the value in our platform. Key to this role is an ability to understand PubMatic’s technology, expertly communicate its benefits, and win the trust of the product and technology teams of our potential partners.
You’ll be collaborating closely with other key players on the PubMatic team, including Engineering, Product, Customer Success, Legal, and Operations.
We're looking for someone who is up-to-date on the evolving advertising technology trends, but who also could have fashioned themselves a sales and BD executive.
This role is about generating and closing new opportunities while playing a key role supporting the Revenue Team - here are a few key expectations:
- Know the Tech: Quickly get up to speed on PubMatic’s technical capabilities. Understand the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers and how to speak with confidence, knowledge, and credibility about what we bring to our customers. This is likely to include sitting in on our product and technology teams' regular meetings. Provide market feedback through management channels.
- Support the Sales Process: From your first day, you will be expected to work on real customer opportunities through a sales process, from initial engagement to pricing discussions to final contract negotiations. Use your ad tech knowledge to educate, problem-solve, and deliver guidance to our customers. You may occasionally be asked to help with RFPs and questionnaires. At any given time, you may be supporting as many as 15-20 opportunities in various stages of that process.
- Engage with Customer Opportunities: You're someone who must love working with customers. Your audience will be with our customers' developers, product managers, engineers, and business heads. Our BD team will rely on you to ensure the key technical influencers of our customers deeply understand our technology, what makes it different (and better than that of our competitors), and how to quickly get integrated and live. We’ll also count on you to be trusted adviser to clients and explain complex solution use cases in layman’s terms to prospects.
- Trendspotting: As you engage with customers and our team, we think you'll have the best vantage point from which to spot key trends and emerging customer needs in the market where PubMatic can have an advantage.
- 5+ years of working experience selling ad tech platforms and solutions to publishers and/or relevant SaaS enterprise software sales engineering experience
- Understand how to support the sales cycle from lead to opportunity to live account
- Familiarity and ease with technology, B2B technology applications, and how advertising technology platforms serve customer businesses
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presenting, and written)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
- Ability to work cross functionally (Customer Success, Sales, Technical Escalations, Product Management, Marketing, Engineering) in order to get deals across the line
- Understanding of APIs, JSON, and webhooks.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Nice to Have:
Strong technical knowledge of wrapper solutions, including (ideally) prior work as technical operations manager, sales engineer, or similar roles
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.