Team Lead, Mid-Market & Open Bidding
- New Delhi, New Delhi, India
PubMatic is a publisher-focused sell-side platform for an open digital media future. Featuring leading omni-channel revenue automation technology for publishers and enterprise-grade programmatic tools for media buyers, PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to access premium inventory at scale. Processing over 2 trillion+ ad impressions per month, PubMatic has created a global infrastructure to drive publisher monetization and control over their ad inventory. Since 2006, PubMatic's focus on data and technology innovation has fueled the rise of the programmatic industry as a whole. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices and six data centers worldwide.
The Team Lead, Mid-Market & Open Bidding will oversee a team of Account Managers and Customer Success Operations Managers. The team of Account Managers oversee global GAM and AdMob publishers that are integrated with Open Bidding and the Customer Success Operations Managers oversee mid-market publishers in the US market. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced team contributor to join our Customer Success team in Delhi to manage and help build a team that supports the US medium to longtail publisher business. This Team Lead is a player-coach responsible for publisher relationship management, onboarding, performance optimization, data analysis, and technical troubleshooting. This position will also work with product and engineering to further develop first-in-class analytics and optimization tools to help us stay at the forefront of sell-side innovation.
- Manage a large team of direct reports, including their ongoing development, as well as recruit, hire and train talent to support continued team growth
- Oversee relationship management of large book of publisher accounts, ensuring excellent service, aiding in relationship growth and hitting/exceeding revenue targets through optimizations and cross-sales/upsells
- Ensure operational excellence as primary technical escalation point for team, including new publisher onboarding of headerbidding integrations, performance optimization, and technical troubleshooting
- Manage team technical escalations via Salesforce, Jira and other platforms
- Work with internal teams globally, including Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Product Management, Customer Success and Engineering
- Work with US-based management to develop Service Model to establish internal Service Level Agreements for response and execution times of publisher queries
- Leverage PubMatic’s Analytics and use in-house tools to monitor performance and troubleshoot under-performing publisher integrations
- Work with engineering and analytics teams to review and unlock new data and insights to drive innovation for publishers and advertisers
- Document Standard Operating Procedures for publisher onboarding, performance & troubleshooting playbooks, and escalation management
- Develop a culture of collaboration and accountability across the team (locally and globally)
- Collaborate with Publisher Development team and Product Commercial Leads to find additional opportunities and assist in upselling
- Maintain an efficient ticketing system (Zendesk) to manage Clients’ support requests and escalations
- Oversee Salesforce hygiene and reporting of team’s publisher accounts, customer data, Opportunity pipeline, Case workflow, and publisher performance & revenue data
- Identify product enhancement opportunities and liaison with Product Managers to strengthen and innovate PubMatic’s Product offering.
Candidates for this position should be proactive by responding positively to challenges and pressure. Confidence to handle challenges and work well with people across multiple functions and time zones is required. We are looking for a leader with the ability to motivate people in the process of getting things done, while continuing to innovate and build new areas of the business. Demonstrated team-building experience and an active network are preferred.
- BCA/B.Tech/B.E/MCA graduation degree or equivalent experience
- Previous management experience required (manager, lead or supervisor role); Experience leading a large team preferred
- Minimum 5 years of relevant programmatic ad tech work experience in the digital advertising industry, including in-depth knowledge of areas such as Google AdMob, Google Ad Manager, SSP & DSP ecosystem, Prebid, and other headerbidding wrappers
- Preferred knowledge in areas such as video (in-steam, outstream, CTV & OTT), mobile app / SDK, ad quality / brand safety, inventory quality, PMP, oRTB, ad tags
- Experience supporting a global customer base and interfacing with a US-based team and manager
- Demonstrated experience in publisher relationship management, including excellent service, relationship growth, and cross-sales/upsells
- Proactive, quick learner, detail oriented, strong problem-solving skills
- Experience using complex datasets to track performance trends, identify anomalies and their root cause (Advanced Excel skills required; SQL & database tools experience highly desired)
- Knowledge to use debugging tools like Fiddler, Firebug etc.
- Advanced publisher performance optimisation and reporting skills
- Very strong analytical thinking abilities, project management and organization skills
- Ability to present clear project plans and communicate with teams to reach desired results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours (generally local business hours except for meetings that overlap with US (California) mornings)
Coronavirus notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all hiring and onboarding processes at PubMatic will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare insurance, broadband reimbursement. As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.