Senior UX Designer
- 229 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
PubMatic delivers superior revenue to publishers by being the sell-side platform of choice for agencies and advertisers.
The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers and publishers to maximize their digital advertising monetization while enabling advertisers to increase ROI by reaching and engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats and devices.
Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure and remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 14 offices and nine data centers worldwide.
As a Senior User Experience (UX) Designer, you help define and drive the future of PubMatic design. You work with product managers to identify and set product strategy, design simple solutions for complex UX ecosystems and inspire team members to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
As part of the User Experience team, you’ll be involved in all aspects of product development from brainstorming the next innovation to working collaboratively with user research, engineering, product management to bring it to life. You will utilize a full range of skills including, user research, wire framing, interaction design, prototyping, and visual design to bring these experiences to life. Most importantly, you will have a direct impact on the customer experience of publishers, advertisers, and brand-owners alike.
- 3-5 years of experience in UX Design
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for complex web applications (preferably experience designing and building data visualizations)
- Advocate for the user. Be a self-starter and learner.
- Ability and willingness to work with stakeholders in international time zones (US, Europe, India)
UX Basics + Process:
- Deep understanding and experience in leading user-centered design methods and best practices - and you're always looking to improve on your process.
- Experience in conducting user research and facilitating interviews with internal and external clients and prove this in your design thinking/solutions.
- Collaborate with product managers, technical leads, customers, and other stakeholders to introduce, iterate, and clarify requirements.
- Ability to translate complex requirements into easy user flows.
- Experience using quantitative data, qualitative feedback, user research, competitive analysis and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product.
- Ability to present and validate design concepts with internal and external business stakeholders.
- You have experience overseeing the user experience of a product from conception until launch and beyond.
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills.
- Experience leading multiple product areas at once.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment.
- Values teamwork, and can give and solicit feedback from other teammates in order to continually raise the bar for quality.
- You can produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team.
- Self-motivated, a good communicator, and able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- B2B and AdTech experience
- Knowledge in creating design systems
- Knowledge in using Pendo, Google analytics or similar behavioral analytics tools.
- Experience in UX copy writing: ability to devise and implement a UX editorial strategy.
Coronavirus Notice: PubMatic is actively working to ensure candidate and employee safety. Currently, all our hiring and onboarding processes will be carried out remotely through virtual meetings until further notice.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes the best of what leading organizations provide, such as stock options, paternity/maternity leave, healthcare, dental and vision insurance, Perkspot and unlimited PTO (that we actually require you to use!). As well, when we’re back in the office, we all benefit from a kitchen loaded with healthy snacks and drinks and catered lunches twice a week, and much more!
Diversity and Inclusion: PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don’t just value diversity, we promote and celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.